free Teeth Whitening training
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS OUR FREE TEETH WHITENING TRAINING
OUR COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE OR FREE WITH THE PURCHASE OF A STARTER SYSTEM.
teeth whitening treatment overview
FREE Teeth Whitening training modules
want to get started in teeth whitening?
OUR ACCREDITED TRAINING IS AVAILABLE EITHER WITH THE PURCHASE OF A STARTER SYSTEM OR BY PURCHASING ABOVE
TEETH WHITENING CHAIR SIDE PROCEDURE
PRIOR TO APPOINTMENT:
Ask clients to brush their teeth before their appointment.
Confirm the appointment at least one hour prior
Make sure you have everything you need for the appointment:
– Chair (if applicable)
– Led light and Power Cable and extension lead
– Protective Glasses
– Cheek Retractor
– 2 x Bibs
– 1 x Pen
– 1 x Vitamin E swab
– 2 x finger Wipes
– Consent Form
1. Have a consultation with the client prior to the treatment. Have the client sign the client consent form.
2. Open your teeth shade set; decide with the client the current shade of their darkest tooth. Write this down on the disclaimer form.
3. Offer the client their teeth whitening treatment pack and ask them to put it on the bib. Show the client how to use the cheek retractor using your demonstration model. Demonstrate how they should apply the gel to the visible front teeth only avoiding the gum area using your demo pen. (IMPORTANT: At no point should you touch your client’s teeth or mouth)
4. Now ask the client to remove their cheek retractor from their bag for them to insert.
5. Ask your client to open a finger wipe sachet and ask your them to Rub the front of their teeth by placing their finger into the wipe and using the blue side on the teeth, they may then discard it into the rubbish.
6. Ask your client to open the gel pen and twist until the gel covers the brush head. Ask them to start with the top teeth making sure each tooth is thoroughly covered including in between the teeth going as close to the gum line as possible without covering the gum. The applicator will probably need twisting and reloading every two to three teeth. After applying the gel to half of the top teeth do the same for the bottom set.
7. Have a quick look and make sure the client has even cover and has not missed any areas.
8. Fully recline your client and position the light head so it is pointing directly onto the exposed teeth roughly 2cm away from the client’s mouth as close as you can get it without touching.
9. Explain to the client that if they feel any sharp pain in their teeth that they should let you know.
(If this occurs cease the treatment and ask the client to rinse thoroughly and then brush their teeth without toothpaste. Recommend they visit their dentist as they may have an outstanding dental condition).
10. Pass the client the protective glasses for them to put on then turn on your light and set it for 20 minutes. Let the client relax under the lamp until the end of the session. Check occasionally to make sure the client’s mouth is directly in front of the lamp.
11. Ask them to rinse their mouth and brush lightly with a toothbrush but NO toothpaste or use a finger wipe. (the gel will only remain active for around 20 minutes so you will need a fresh application for the next session)
12. Repeat from step 3 offering the client a fresh bib. If the client is experiencing slight gum sensitivity use the vitamin E swab. You may require 2 to3 treatments in one visit to get maximum results for your client.
13. Select the client’s new teeth shade using the same tooth and the same well-lit area.
14. Tell your client NOT to consume tea, coffee, red wine, curry or anything that would stain a white shirt for 24 to 48 hours. Provide them with a copy of the aftercare sheet.
WHAT RESULTS CAN MY CLIENT EXPECT?
We get fantastic results from our products with results of 5 to 14 shades whiter able to be achieved on untreated teeth. Results will be reduced if the client uses any home whitening products or has had an in-chair treatment in the past 2 years. While most clients are thrilled with the results some have unrealistic expectations. Teeth whitening will not produce paper white teeth like seen in the movies this is a result of having the surface of the teeth replaced with porcelain veneers. Teeth whitening will remove stains from the surface of the teeth and return them to the colour they were originally grown.
IMPORTANT: Ensure your client understands teeth whitening results are subjective as each individual is different and teeth will only whiten to the degree to which they are stained. This means teeth whitening will only whiten teeth to the colour they were initially grown. Therefore, the more stained a person’s teeth the greater the result will be. Teeth with very little staining due to a good diet or the use of home whitening treatments may not show as much of a result. The whiter the person’s teeth were originally the whiter the result that can be achieved.
We have great live results our clients are getting on our Instagram page.
TEETH WHITENING LEGISLATION
TEETH WHITENING PACKAGING REQUIREMENTS
Non-dental practitioners must issue clients with their own DIY self-administered teeth whitening kit to be compliant with Australian regulations. Peroxide at 6% hydrogen peroxide or 18% carbamide peroxide requires a Schedule S5 Caution on the front of the packaging label. All teeth whitening products are also required to have a list of ingredients. Our teeth whitening treatment packs offer s Australian-compliant labelling.
CAN YOU APPLY THE TEETH WHITENING GEL FOR THE CLIENTS?
Under Australian regulations at no time are you permitted to touch inside the client’s teeth or mouth or to perform any dental diagnosis. However, you can apply the gel with the pen as long as you don’t put your hands inside the clients mouth.
It is important to note that the policy on teeth whitening developed by the Dental Board of Australia (DBA) under Section 39 of the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (National Law), as in force in each state and territory, states that teeth whitening products should only be used by a registered dental practitioner with education, training and competence in teeth whitening.